If you thought all flat shoes were less exciting than sky-high heels, ballet fashion shoes may just change your mind. Comfortable and available in a huge selection of styles, these dainty flats can add a touch of elegance to a variety of outfits.
About Ballet Flats
Ballet fashion shoes aren't very unlike the shoes ballet dancers wear. While most fashion styles don't have the ribbon that laces up the leg, you may find a style or two which shares this feature. For the most part, ballet-type shoes share these details:
- Flat heels
- Rounded toe
- Toe detail, such as bow tie
Some types of ballet shoes have a gathering feature at the toe, so that as you tighten the bow, your shoes fit more snugly. Others may have another type of detail at the front of the shoe, such as a gemstone design or ruffles. Because you'll find so much variety, you can select shoes to suit different outfits.
Ballet shoes are available in solid colors, but also come in patterns such as plaid, polka dot, leopard print and metallics. Because they come in so many colors and materials, you can wear these stylish flats all year long. Simply choose light colors and materials for spring and summer, such as canvas or lightweight leather. In fall and winter, opt for dark colors and heavier leather, velvet or suede.
You'll look most chic in ballet flats when you pair them with:
- Skinny jeans
- Mini skirts and mini dresses
- Capri pants
Buy Ballet Fashion Shoes
Ballet flats tend to outlast seasonal trends, so you should be able to find them somewhere year-round. They're available in a wide range of price points, so whether you're a Payless type of girl or you're all about designer brands, there are ballet flats to suit your unique style and budget.
Look into these retailers for ballet fashion shoes perfect for any season.
- Affordable and chic is the name of the game at Target. Shop in person or online for ballet flats that are plain, floral, ruffled, metallic, animal print and much more.
- The woman seeking brand names has plenty of options, including the selection available at Nordstrom. Vera Wang, Michael Kors and Tory Burch are just a few of the high-end names you'll find here. Solid, muti-colored or more subdued -- you'll find great quality and variety.
- You can be a diva without breaking the bank if you shop for your ballet flats at My Diva's Closet. Quilted patterns, lots of bling or soft satin are all available at this site.
- On the other hand, maybe you do want to go all out. In that case, head on over to Saks Fifth Avenue for names like Burberry, Christian Louboutin, Cole Haan, Gucci and Oscar de la Renta. You'll pay for the quality you receive. These shoes are sure to make you stand out in any crowd.
One of the best things about ballet flats is how well they work for so many different outfits. You can conjure up your inner Audrey Hepburn and wear them with Capris or you can slip on a slim pencil skirt, cardigan and pearls -- ballet shoes will look fabulous either way. With so many choices in color, design and pattern, you can easily have the perfect pair of shoes on hand every season of the year.