San Antonio Shoemakers® (SAS) used to be a lot more challenging to find, especially online. That has changed and now they're easier to get your hands on than ever. You can still shop the brick and mortar stores if you have one near you, but you can also purchase SAS styles at a variety of shops online.
Where to Get SAS Shoes
Compare prices, check out the features, and see what's available from SAS by shopping online and/or in brick and mortar stores. You may be pleasantly surprised to see who carries this brand of handcrafted leather shoes and how easy it is to get them.
The SAS website is always a wonderful option, but there are other places to check, too.
The SAS Website
If you're shopping for your SAS shoes online, the SAS website is the best place to start. Here, you can learn about the company, the technology behind their designs, see what's new (or on its way out in the discounted Last Chance section), and get advice on the best shoe care products for these handcrafted styles. You can shop by color, collection, or style, then check out accessories you may want to add, like insoles and footbeds or even "bling" for your sandals.
Style Selection and Recommended Products
The site offers a user-friendly, straightforward shopping experience, complete with recommended products for each item you consider. Each item has a review section, so you'll be able to see what others thought once they received their shoes or accessories, get sizing tips, and more. Once you've selected the style you're looking for (sandals, for example), you'll be able to narrow down what you're shown by choosing your size, preferred width, and color on the left side of the page.
Important Details About Purchasing
When you click on a style, you're taken to a page where you can read more about the materials, technology, care, fit, and more. SAS provides ample amounts of information so the customer can make an informed decision, but you can always call the customer service number conveniently listed on each page to find out more about the shoe or to see if your size is available (if it's not listed online). When it's time to check out, you can register, sign into your account, or check out as a guest. Registering or signing in will take a little longer than the guest checkout, but it will allow you to track your order. The shipping costs start at $10.00.
Easy Returns or Exchanges
Once you receive your order, you'll have 30 days to decide whether you want to keep it. Returns or exchanges are allowed within that time frame as long as the shoes are unworn or are defective. They'll even send you a prepaid shipping label for one exchange per order, and you'll get a prepaid return label with each order as long as you live in the 48 contiguous United States. If more than 30 days have passed and the shoes are unworn or defective, you'll be eligible for an even exchange.
Other Online Retailers
Before committing to a pair or giving up hope of finding what you're looking for, be sure to look at other sites that offer SAS, too.
- Zappos carries an extensive selection of SAS shoes for men and women. They offer shoes approved for diabetics, active styles, sandals, and more.
- You can find a few styles at Sears.com, but keep in mind there isn't a lot of variety here and there are only women's styles listed.
- Amazon also has a wide range of styles available from SAS, but there are more shoes for women than men. There are sandals, lace-ups, flats, heels, slip-ons, and more.
- Footwear Etc. carries a handful of styles for men and women. These tend to veer toward the more casual end of the spectrum. All SAS orders get free three-day shipping. This store also has a handful or brick and mortar locations in California if that is a convenient location for you.
- Englin's Fine Footwear has quite a few SAS shoes on their site. There are all types of casual shoes, sandals, and more for men and women. Search by occasion, heel height, color, price, features, back style, closure, straps, and more.
Visiting Brick and Mortar Stores
Online shopping is always convenient, but sometimes you just want to try a shoe on and see it in person before you take the leap and make a purchase, especially if shipping isn't free. SAS shoes are available at a number of brick and mortar locations.
- Peltz Shoes: While they do not offer SAS shoes online, Florida-based retailer Peltz Shoes has six locations within the state that carry a variety of men's and women's SAS shoes.
- Van Dyke & Bacon Shoes: This longstanding footwear retailer was established in 1938, and in the early 2000s they began offering SAS brand shoes at all their locations. They have several store locations in Maryland, including a specific SAS brand store located in Timonium.
- Shoe Mill: This retailer has been recognized as a National Retailer of the Year by several organizations. They have several Oregan-based retail stores that sell the SAS brand.
- Thompson Shoes: Located in Spartanburg, SC, Thompson Shoes specializes in brand-name footwear and offers dozens of top footwear brands, including SAS.
Locate Your Closest Store
You can also check the SAS Store Locator to find the closest stores that carry SAS shoes. If there's not one near your home, you may be able to fit one in during an upcoming vacation. Some are actual SAS stores while others carry a range of brands, so you may be surprised to see that your local shoe store actually has SAS shoes available.
Some of the Tanger Outlets have SAS stores. Check their store locator to see if there's one near you. The SAS outlet stores may carry styles you can't get anywhere else, and they'll usually save you money no matter what you're buying.
Worth the Effort
Shops that sell SAS shoes will have staff who will be able to guide you to the best shoe for you. They will take their time fitting you and making sure the shoe suits your needs. Should there be any problem, you can easily do a return or exchange.
While buying SAS shoes may not always be as simple as clicking a few buttons (though it definitely can be!), when you need comfortable footwear or have feet with special needs, it's very much worth your while to give these a try and see if they're the best for your feet.