Put some sparkle in your Halloween costume this year with glitter Halloween shoes. You don't have to dress up as Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz to wear shiny shoes. Whatever costume you decide to wear, you can sport the coolest shoes in a multitude of colors.
We're Not in Kansas Anymore
Although Dorothy's ruby red slippers come to mind when you see a pair of shiny red shoes, you can also be a disco queen, a princess, a flapper, a rock star, or anything else. You're only limited by your imagination. Your sparkling shoes can complement any costume.
Colors of Glitter Halloween Shoes
Red is by far the most popular color, but you'll also find glittery shoes in:
- Orange and black
High heel glitter shoes are popular, but you can find flats as well. There are Mary Jane styles, platform shoes, and boots. Shoofly Design sells an adorable pair of baby sneakers colored orange and black.
Where to Buy
There's no shortage of places to find glitter Halloween shoes online.
- Exotic High Heels carries red and sliver glitter shoes. They sell child and adult sizes.
- BuyCostumes.com has funky silver or gold platform shoes that are perfect for doing the hustle.
- Blondie's Heels for You has an entire Halloween section. This retailer sells a chunky red platform shoe and a more dainty Mary Jane shoe.
- Halloween Costumes 4 U sells red glitter Mary Janes with the chunky 4" heels for those who love sexy Halloween costumes.
Be sure to check your local shoe stores during October. Once the Halloween decorations come out, you'll have no trouble finding costumes or accompanying shoes. Target and JCPenney are good places to look for children's costume shoes. Don't forget costume shops as potential shopping areas, too. They do brisk business during October, so be sure you shop early for the best selection.
What You'll Pay
These shoes can be reasonably priced to expensive. The more money you spend, the more options you might want to have with them beyond Halloween. If you love having some sparkle on your feet, you can wear your glitter shoes whenever you like. If these shoes are more of a one-night special for you, you'll probably want to find an affordable pair.
Check the Return Policy
Be sure to read the return policy on these costume shoes. Most retailers will not accept returns, just as they refuse to accept returns on costume rentals. Even if it's for one night only, make sure you get the perfect pair because chances are you'll be stuck with them.
Make Your Own Glitter Shoes
If you don't want to spend a lot of money on shoes you won't wear that often, you can always make your own glitter shoes. You will need:
- Elmer's or any white glue or spray adhesive
- Glitter color(s) of your choice
- Spray polyurethane.
- Cover your shoes with glue, except for the soles.
- Pour glitter over the entire surface and shake off the excess.
- Let dry.
- Once the glue is totally dry, spray one or two coats of polyurethane over it and voila.
You have your own custom-made glitter Halloween shoes. They're cheaper than buying a new pair and you learn how to design your own shoes, as well as customizing the color to match your costume if desired.