Ask any woman who has suffered the night away when she was meant to be dancing through it: a selection of comfortable dress shoes for special occasions would come in very handy. Check out this list of fabulous, of-the-moment dress shoes that not only meet all the needs of a fashion-forward female, but also promise to make endless foot pain a thing of the past.
Top 8 Comfortable Dress Shoe Brands
It helps to know which brands offer the best selection of generally comfortable shoes, whether they're for dressy occasions or not. Of course, if you already know the brands don't carry anything but utilitarian footwear, you can move on, but more often than not, a well-rounded collection does include a few dressy options for women. The following brands are renowned not just for their attractive shoes, but also for their comfort:
- Aerosoles: Recognized primarily for specializing in comfortable shoes, the Aerosoles collection has undergone quite a makeover in recent years. Today's offerings are more in line with hot trends than ever before. You'll find adorable peep toes, Mary Janes, cutouts, menswear-inspired looks, bright colors and much more.
- Born: Though perhaps not instantly equated with comfortable dress shoes, Born certainly understands comfort. The company's dress shoe range is surprisingly vast, and offers something for women of all ages.
- Cole Haan: No list of comfortable dress shoes would be complete without mentioning Cole Haan. Perhaps the sexiest of the bunch, Cole Haan's shoes utilize Nike Air technology, which cushions even the tallest heels and provides all the support a woman needs to make it comfortably through the evening.
- Easy Spirit: Lift your spirits with a little help from Easy Spirit. The company's dress shoes are even versatile enough to move from the office to an evening date, and extra comfortable thanks to cushioned insoles and rubber soles.
- Ecco: If you prefer to stay within a more classic realm, Ecco is definitely for you. The company's comfortable dress shoes run the gamut from chic, two-strap black pumps to elegant T-strap heels in various neutral hues.
- Naturalizer: Along with Aerosoles, Naturalizer is another company that is truly synonymous with comfort. They, too, have upped their game in recent years, offering an outstanding selection of dressy shoes that feature the company's "N5 Elements," including flexibility, lightweight outsoles, a balanced design, extra cushioning and breathable lining.
- Sofft: Go for the ultimate in European chic with a little help from Sofft, a company that combines runway-worthy elegance with all the comfort of your favorite running shoes.
- Taryn Rose: The Taryn Rose brand promises "style that's comfortably sexy, day and night," so it should come as no surprise to learn that the brand was founded by an orthopedic surgeon who understood the needs of the style-conscious woman. Trendy types can find respite in the selection of animal prints, patent leathers and sculptured heels, while more conservative women might opt for a daintier, simpler shoe.
What to Look For
If you've decided that enough is enough and you're ready to track down the ultimate comfortable dress shoe, consider these points as you begin your shopping expedition:
- The shoe should be classy and timeless if you're shopping with longevity in mind. An elegant, strappy black heel is the type of shoe that retains itself well over the years, yet still boasts a relatively trendy look.
- Check out the cushioning. This is often what makes the biggest difference between a comfortable evening and a torturous one.
- Don't forget the shoe's construction! Does it feel sturdy when you hold and wear it? If the material feels flimsy and the sole isn't reliable, you can count on feeling the effects before long.
As for style, don't step immediately into the first pair of sexy shoes you find, tempting as that might be. Remember, the key is to find a great balance of both comfort and style. It may take some work, but it can be done.
Style and Comfort
The truth is there's no quicker way to destroy a special evening than by stepping into the wrong pair of shoes. An ill-fitting shoe is one thing, but even if the shoe does fit, that's no guarantee that it won't cause you immense pain by night's end. Though almost all women are familiar with this problem, that doesn't mean they have to succumb to it every single time. Shop the right brands for comfy, stylish dress shoes so you can feel as good as you look.