Unlike medium-width shoes that are designated "B" width, narrow shoes typically feature widths designated by AA (2A) to 4A, or narrow to super slim. Wearing shoes that don't properly fit a narrow foot will be uncomfortable. Finding women's narrow shoes may take some legwork on your part, but it's worth the time and effort in order to have shoes that fit your feet perfectly.
To cut down on the frustration of shopping for shoes that don't fit your needs, focus on a few brands that are known for catering to the slender-footed client.
These brands typically carry a selection of narrow shoes for women:
- Easy Spirit
- New Balance
Finding Narrow Footwear
These online resources carry a variety of widths, including narrow shoes that women can wear for either work or weekend:
- Maryland Square has a great selection of all shoe widths, beginning with SS or 4A and growing wider from there. The website makes it easy for women to shop exclusively by width, or you can browse all selections. From boots to flats and slip-ons, this online retailer may be a one-stop shopping resource for the woman who needs narrow shoes.
- At Marmi Shoes, click on the narrow shoes option and you can instantly shop by various categories, including boots, golf shoes, sandals, evening shoes, dress or casual shoes. You'll find an extensive selection of well-known brands in attractive, fashionable options.
- The Healthy Shoe Store understands healthy feet. A properly-fitting shoe fits right into the equation. With footwear designed for different foot problems, this site doesn't ignore its narrow-footed customers. You'll find clogs, athletic shoes, slip-ons and more, all in comfortable styles made for various widths.
- If you need therapeutic shoes for conditions such as arthritis or diabetes, Drew may have the narrow shoe you require. Widths begin at 5A, so anyone who has always faced a challenge finding super slim shoes may be able to find what she needs here.
- The woman who wants designer names on her slender feet can find what she needs at Nordstrom, which has a good selection of narrow shoes by today's hottest brands. While some of the shoes aren't offered in as wide a range as at other sites, women whose feet are average-narrow will have quite a choice at this high-end retailer.
A Perfect Fit
While custom-made shoes aren't the norm anymore, women with hard-to-fit feet can still find stylish options in a variety of shoe styles. There's no need to feel frustrated when looking for narrow shoes when the perfect-fitting shoe may be just a mouse click away.