Nike is renowned for offering a range of high-quality footwear for a multitude of purposes. If you're a keen runner, hiker, or just in need of some everyday non-slip shoes, Nike can help you out. Even though the company doesn't provide a specific slip-resistant line, they still feature several pairs of shoes that have great traction.
Air Pegasus Zoom 34
The Nike Air Pegasus Zoom 34 shoes have excellent grip, according to The Independent, which makes them ideal for running and playing sports. They're made from Nike's breathable Flymesh material and have a comfortable cushioned midsole for all-day wear. They also absorb pressure as your feet hit the ground and cope very well with changes in pace and direction.
- The Nike Air Pegasus Zoom 34 women's shoes from are available for about $110. Choose from 15 different styles in sizes 5 through 12 in narrow, regular, or wide widths.
- The men's version of these shoes is available in sizes 5 through 12. They come in 10 varied designs for about $80.
According to Today.com, Nike's MetCon3 shoe is one of the best shoes to suit any type of workout due to its non-slip properties. Regardless of what type of exercise you undertake, cross-training workouts need a stable, steady shoe. As well as being durable with great lateral stability, the MetCon3 platform helps your feet to move and function naturally.
- Nike's MetCon3 women's sneakers can be purchased Dick's Sporting Goods in five different color ways (though addition ones are available on Amazon). They cost $70-$100 and come in sizes 6 through 11.
- In addition, the men's version can be purchased from Dick's. They also come in a several hues in sizes 7.5-14 for about $100.
RunnerClick claims that LunarTempo is one of the best shoe options by Nike in terms of stability and traction. As well as being lightweight, they're flexible and breathable. They allow you to move, but they're also sturdy thanks to their reasonable level of stiffness. Whether you're hiking over rocky terrain or working on a slippery surface, the LunarTempo will provide enough grip to keep you upright and prevent potential injury.
- Available from 6pm.com in a variety of colors and designs, the Nike LunarTempo women's shoe cost $50-$75. You can buy them in in sizes 5-12.
- The men's shoes are available for $50-$75 in sizes 6-15. There are 10 styles to choose from.
Air Zoom Elite 8
Also highly rated on RunnerClick as having "great grip on a variety of surfaces," the Nike Air Zoom Elite 8 shoes offer highly responsive cushioning and a supportive fit. They have excellent traction due to the hexagonal pattern on the outsole and their rubber crash rail, which allows for seamless transitions. Moreover, the Flymesh upper sole provides good ventilation and allows your feet to breathe easily.
- Available in 21 styles from Amazon, the Nike Air Zoom Elite 8 women's shoe costs $76-$200. You can buy them in sizes 5-12.
- The men's shoe can be bought via Amazon in the same sizes for $68-$438. There are nine color ways available.
The LunarEpic Flyknit has excellent customer reviews and has been described as one of Nike's best slip-resistant shoes. It's made from high quality materials and has a fused foam midsole for enhanced durability. Furthermore, its outsole is laser cut, which provides excellent traction across different types of terrain, and it extends up over the ankle for further support.
- The high-top Nike LunarEpic Flyknit for women is available from Road Runner Sports for about $112. It comes in six varied styles (though you can find additional ones on Amazon) from size 6 through size 11.
- You can find the men's Nike LunarEpic Flyknit at Footlocker in several colors. These shoes cost $120- $150 and come in sizes 7-14.
Shopping for Shoes with Grip
Even though Nike doesn't offer a specific non-slip line, it is possible to find slip-resistant footwear in their collections for both men and women. Whether you're running on uneven terrain or working out on a slippery floor, Nike footwear has different levels of traction that cater to a range of occasions. Simply shop around to find a shoe with the right amount of grip for your specific needs.