It doesn't matter what you are doing or where you are going; making a slip-and-fall scene is never cute. Thankfully, there are many stylish non-slip women's shoes on the market. Brands are realizing that looks do matter, and they are making this type of shoe in more cute styles than ever before, so you can look chic and stay safe.
It should be mandatory that high-heeled shoes come with non-slip bottoms, but sadly, this is not the case for every pair. Many designers are now making it a priority, though, and the odds are in your favor with these cute styles:
- Vince Camuto Savilla Pumps: These 3.5-inch classic style pumps are the perfect non-slip go-to heels. They come in black patent, black leather, red suede, nude suede, and a fun blue/green colored canvas print. Because of their textured man-made outsole that includes many grooves and threads, these pumps will grip the ground well. These pumps also have a rigid bottom on the stiletto part of the shoe, so you can wear these heels in confidence, knowing that you won't be slipping and sliding. Priced at about $100, these pointy-toed pumps are a great staple for any women's closet.
- Nine West Handjive Pumps: Available in either black or tan leather, these pumps are classically chic and feature a non-slip grip bottom. These 3.5-inch round-toe pumps also have a padded insole for all-day comfort. They retail for about $80. Pair these with your work suit, or wear them for a girl's night out.
- Rockport Mary Jane: Possibly the most stylish Mary Janes, these suede beauties come in a black and a light pebble color. Priced at about $130, they are well worth the splurge. Their special TPU outsole provides extreme support and stability with every step. Rockport delivers with the style aspect, giving this 3-inch Mary Jane two skinny straps with little gold buckles. These heels also have truTech and truTech+, providing shock absorption at the heel and rebound at the forefoot. Adorable and feminine, they would work perfectly for date night.
Every girl needs a good ballerina flat. Versatile and fashionable, these shoes can take you everywhere, especially with their non-slip abilities. Check out the shoes below for cute looks:
- Payless Sasha Quilted Flat: These black quilted ballerina flats are made with safeTstep slip-resistant soles and will only set your back about $15. The style of these flats are the quintessential ballet structure, with a quilting design throughout, and a bow on its front. It also mixes black patent leather into its style by featuring the patent leather at its caped toe. These look stylish worn with tights and a skirt, or with dress pants to work.
- Tory Burch Minnie Ballet Flat: Available in a myriad of colors and patterns, this precious ballet flat will be your go-to pair. Perfectly portable and made for traveling, this flat manages to roll up just right to fit into your purse. These ballet flats are lifesavers when your heels are starting to pinch. Made of soft napa leather, created with superior cushioning, and a non-slip rubber sole, this flat can work for any occasion. These flats retail for about $230.
Special Occasion Shoes
Sparkle, shimmer, and shine are all present in these non-slip evening shoes:
- Aerosoles Ankle Strap Sandals: Made of black satin fabric, these open-toed sandals are stylish and on trend. These ankle strap shoes feature a gold buckle and a 3-inch heel. They also come with Aerosole's famous Diamond Flex Soles, which are designed to be 100 percent slip-free. You can wear these for any special occasion event. These heels come in over ten different colors and patterns, and some are even embellished to up the 'wow' factor. Find them for around $60.
- Fioni Strappy Sandals: Shiny and mirrored, these shoes are head-turners, but in a good way. They are sleek, sexy and(omit) have a patterned rubber outsole. Featuring three straps, one at the ankle, one mid foot, and one across the toes, the design is minimalistic with impact. They make an excellent choice to wear to a wedding or cocktail party. These retail for about $30.
- Naturalizer Danya Shimmer Sandals: Priced at around $80, these glimmering strappy sandals come in black, pewter, silver, and gold. These have a non-slip outsole, and a 3-inch heel. With its intricate strappy design and five-star reviews, this dressy sandal is a good buy. This heel also has a comfortable padded insole that will have you dancing all night long.
Practicality and comfort come together in these stylish non-slip sneakers:
- Puma Celebrity: This sneaker, available from Sears, retails for about $110 and comes in either blue/green or pink/gray. With a sporty look, these sneakers come with several comfort and safety perks. They have a composite toe, a cushioned tongue, a shock-absorbant midsole, and a slip-resistant sole. This sneaker is made of mostly knit and mesh, and it has Puma's signature stripe and panther on the side to give it style.
- Skechers Comfort Flex: Seriously stylish, these sneakers have a slip-resistant rubber traction outsole. Made of stain- and water-resistant fabric, these sneakers will take you from point A to point B in style. These comfortable shoes come in seven stylish colors and patterns and retail for about $65. Air-cooled memory foam insoles and flexible midsoles really elevate this sneaker to the next level. Its sole is also resistant to extra wet and oily surfaces, so you can really get down and dirty in these sneakers.
- Reebok ZigKick: Available in regular and wide, these leather and mesh vibrant sneakers don't look like slip-resistant working shoes. They also have a composite toe for extra protection against all elements. These black sneakers with blue and pink accents cost about $110 and they look like regular workout sneakers. Removable FootFuel injected EVA cushion footbeds are also included.
Slip-resistant flat boots, knee-high boots, high-heeled boots - they all come in handy, and today they also come in cute looks like the following:
- Dr. Marten's 1460 Smooth Boots: Known for impeccable durability and construction, Dr. Marten created this chic boot with abrasion- and slip-resistant soles. This lace-up boot hits right above the ankle, is crafted of beautiful smooth leather, and is available in black, white, cherry red, green, navy, and purple. This boot will cost you around $135, but its durability can make it worth the cost. This smooth boot looks cool with jeans (tucked in), leggings, skirts, and dresses. Dress them up to be sophisticated, or go edgy; these make a hip fashion statement no matter how you style them.
- Naturalizer Starlie Knee-High Boots: These boots are great if you are looking for a casual knee-high boot that pairs well with many outfits. Almost flat, with a small 1-inch heel, these knee-high boots have a non-slip outsole for the stability that you are looking for. These are a little over $100 and they come in black or brown faux leather. These riding boots feature strap and buckle detailing in two places, and they have a large side zipper for easy dressing.
Stylish Inclement Weather Shoes
So what if it's raining or snowing outside? Ladies, you shouldn't have to sacrifice your sense of style during inclement weather. These styles will have you covered:
- The Hunter High-Heeled Rain Boot: This stunningly sleek weather-resistant boot is also slip-resistant. Available in black, navy, metallic royal blue, and a muted blue color, this refined rain boot is any fashionista's must-have. This boot's block heel is almost five inches tall and it retails for roughly $150. This boot is made especially for rainy days, and with a quick wet wipe, they look new again. These are one of the most stylish non-slip rain boot looks available, and they are office appropriate as well.
- Ugg Robbie Boot: This waterproof boot will keep you warm and dry. Featuring wool lining and a rubber non-slip gripped outsole, this sophisticated boot is more than just a pretty shoe. Priced at about $160, this boot comes in black mixed media and brown mixed media colors. These also have a zipper down the inside for convenience, and a faux buckle on the outside for added style.
It's All In the Sole
Who knew that the bottom of your shoe is such an important detail? Often overlooked, non-slip shoes have really evolved. Now these slip-resistant bottoms are being seen on major fashion brands like Tory Burch and Vince Camuto. Besides their non-slip factors, these flats, boots, and heels are comfortable, stylish, and well-made, all for your benefit.